What is API Studio?
API Studio is a microservices API development tool that helps:
- Build, test and debug APIs
- Create service tests for microservices APIs using auto-created mocks for producer services
- Create component and end-to-end API tests for microservices applications
Test and debug APIs
- Send requests to API endpoints, either on the web or locally in your IDE
- Compare responses against a baseline and identify changes
- Get observability for API requests to producer services
- Share mocks of your service APIs with other developers
Create service tests with auto-created API mocks
Service tests help test a service in isolation while mocking all producer services.
- Create API mocks for producers automatically.
- Run service tests locally in your laptop or in your CI
- Share your service tests with other developers
Create end-to-end API tests & component tests with listeners
Component tests help test groups of related services together while mocking other internal and external services. End-to-end tests are executed from the gateway with all services live.
- Deploy Mesh Dynamics listeners and capture API traffic at every service endpoint.
- API studio enables the creation of component test suites from the captured API traffic.
Listener deployments are part of the advanced deployments only, and not part of the self-serve tool. Component testing requires listener deployment. For end-to-end tests, listeners are required only if you need observability at the different services.