Send gRPC Requests
Now we will use the API Studio to send gRPC requests to the RouteGuide service.
Create an app: gRPC-sample
Upload proto file
- Click the Settings icon on the left bar.
- Select the gRPC tab
- Upload the proto file
Create and run gRPC request
- From the API editor and select gRPC (instead of Rest, which is the default)
- Select routeguide.RouteGuide for the service
- For the method, select GetFeatureWithNote
- For the Endpoint, type http://localhost:8980 where the RouteGuide service is listening
- Run the request. You should see the following.
- Now, you can set this as the reference request and response by clicking on the Set as Reference button.
- Save the API request and response to a collection.
- Re-run the request.
- Compare the new response with the reference response by clicking on the Diff button. You should see something like the following. The difference is caused by a random note included at the end of the response.