3. Install API Studio
Install API Studio
- To download API Studio beta, go to the product download page.
- Please familiarize yourself with the terms and conditions of using API Studio.
- Download and install the appropriate version of API Studio for your OS.
Create Mesh Dynamics account
Mesh Dynamics requires both a customer (organization) account and individual user accounts within the customer. We provide a shared workspace for all users within an organization. Users from the same organization automatically share apps and data. The customer account can be hosted in the Mesh Dynamics cloud, or in the organization’s VPC.
Hosted by Mesh Dynamics
Create a user account for yourself using your work email address. We need a verifiable email address to create the account.
- Start the Mesh Dynamics desktop app
- Click on ‘Create Account’ link
- Enter your name, email address, and password, and click ‘Create Account’ button.
- We will send an email to your email address with the account activation link. Click on the link to verify your email address and activate your account. After you verify your account, you can login in and start using the API Studio.
Hosted in private VPC
Deploying Mesh Dynamics back-end in a private VPC requires working directly with Mesh Dynamics. For the steps described below, we are assuming that the Mesh Dynamics back-end is already installed for your organization in your VPC.
Before creating your user account, please configure the backend access information in App Settings. This configures the network location the desktop client uses for the Mesh Dynamics mock services.
- Start the API Studio app in your desktop.
- Go to the configuration parameters in the Settings option under Mesh Dynamics menu (Mac) or App menu (PC).
Mac: Under Mesh Dyanmics menuWindows: Under App menu
- Set the following configuration parameters and save the configuration. The configuration parameters set the ports to be used by the desktop client to access the mock services from the back-end.The settings information for VPC installations is specific to each customer. Please contact the administrator of the Mesh Dynamics deployment in your organization for the details.
- Target Domain Settings: This should match the url assigned to the Mesh Dynamics server for your organization.
- Proxy port for mock service: The Mesh Dynamics proxy listens to the port specified here for egress requests from the service in the IDE. Depending on the configuration set in the tool, the request will be sent to the back-end services or to the Mesh Dynamics mock services.
- Press the ‘Save’ button to save the configuration. Once Settings data is saved, press the 'Back' button to return to the Sign-In screen.
Create user account
The user account creation process for VPC installations is the same as the user account creation process for Mesh Dynamics hosted installations. Follow the account creation process described earlier to create your user account. Note that the email domain must match the company domain to create an account with your VPC installation. After activating your account, you should be able to sign in with your credentials.
Now let us send a sample API request to an endpoint in the cloud.